The Beneteau Oceanis 55 could be considered a custom yacht without the custom price tag. Options range from a choice of three unique keels and five interior layouts by Nauta Designs ranging from three cabins and two heads all the way up to five cabins and four heads.
Topside, her cockpit constitutes a full third of her length and includes an electric swim platform, a refrigerator, plenty of cushioned seating for guests and two sun pads for the ultimate in afternoon napping. The mast has been moved aft slightly making her the picture of balance and maneuverability. This, along with electric primary winches, a dual helm and twin rudders make sailing a 55-foot sailboat short, or even single-handed, a joy to any skipper with a little experience.
The first impression below deck is that of space, followed closely by light. The 55’s 16-foot beam means there is plenty of elbow room, not to mention head room. Eight large windows make her elegant interior space as bright as it is above deck. The saloon boasts a large u-shaped galley with plenty of storage, a generous dinette and a pop up flat screen television. The Oceanis 38 and 55 continue Beneteau’s long history of innovation, quality and sheer beauty – making all who love the wind and water the real winners.
- Design: Berret Racoupeau Yacht Design
- Interior layout and design: Nauta Design
- Overall length: 16.78 m – 55’0”
- Hull Length: 15.99 m – 52’6”
- Hull Beam: 4.96 m – 16’3”
- Light displacement: 16,900 kg – 37,258 Gal
- Fuel tank capacity: 400 L – 106 US Gal max
- Fresh water capacity: 694 L – 183 US Gal max
- Max Engine Power (Hp): SD 75CV – SD 75HP
- CE Certification: A12 / B14 / C16