For Cruising World Magazine’s 2018 best boat competition, the Dufour 520 was a standout among competing French monohull cruisers, Jeanneau 51 and Beneteau 51.1. While all offered impressive style, performance, and comfort, the Dufour 520 seduced the judges with the following features specifically called out in their grading:
- flexible cockpit turned sunning and party room with convenient mini-galley including sink, grill, and fridge
- enlarged aft lounge deck located transom with an innovative electronically expandin swim platform
- forward galley gathering the social space at the companionway stairs
- flexible, adapting features throughout such as the navigation station that slides forward to a forward-facing table for dining or socializing
- expanded interior living space richly appointed for luxurious creature comfort
- responsive smooth helm.
Summarily, the judges felt the Dufour 520 “offered the most pleasurable sailing experience in this class”. We agree that this stunning sailboat is one to put on your shortlist of cruisers when considering your dream yacht.
Dream Yacht Sales currently has a unique opportunity to own a Dufour 520 at a remarkably reduced price with zero operating costs and guaranteed income.