Lagoon 42 Overview
The Lagoon 42 catamaran is fun and spacious as well as stylishly chic. The vessel is designed for easy sail handling. The layout of the single helm station offset to port and well-located electric winches make her a cinch for short-handed sailing. Even upwind crawling is made easy by a surprising innovation, a self-tacker that really works rather smoothly.
The cockpit is relaxing and ready to entertain lots of friends with plenty of settees and a cockpit table to accommodate al fresco dining for six to eight guests. The cockpit and saloon are on one level with a large sliding door that can be left fully open or closed to separate the two areas.
There is also an ingenious door system that separates the cabins from the saloon. Instead of the usual stairs leading down to the bedrooms, the Lagoon 42’s one-piece sliding door offers complete privacy.
For ocean-going cruisers, there are clever features like a channel circumnavigating the coachroof that catches rainwater with a valve to divert the first bit of salt-contaminated water over the side before filling the freshwater tanks.
- Architects: Van Peteghem-Lauriot Prévost
- Exterior styling: Patrick Le Quément
- Interior design: Nauta Design
- Length overall: 12,80m / 42′
- Beam: 7.70m / 25’3”
- Draft: 1.25m / 4’1”
- Mast clearance: 20.65m / 67’9”
- Light displacement (EEC): 12 t / 26 460 Lbs
- Sail area: 90 m² / 1 054 sq. ft.
- Full-batten mainsail: 55m² / 592 sq.ft.
- Square top mainsail (opt.): 59m² / 661 sq.ft.
- Self tacking jib: 35m² / 395,5 sq.ft.
- Code 0 (opt.): 68m² / 732 sq.ft.
- Engine (std): 2 x 45 cv YANMAR 4JH45 / 2 x 45 hp YANMAR 4JH45
- Fuel capacity: 300 l (+300l en option) / 79 US gal (+79Us gal in option)
- Fresh water capacity: 300 l (+300l in option) / 79 Us gal (+79 US gal in option)
- No. Of berths: 6 to 12
- EC certification: A :12 ; B :14 ; C : 20 ; D: 30